TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT UNDERWATER REPAIRS
• “Permanent” repairs to cracks, metal fissures, collision impact damages, corrosion pitting holes and defects in shell plating by means of insert plates. We use various naval aluminium cofferdams specially designed to cover the different turn of bilges shapes of floating structures. These cofferdams are fixed to the structure by wet-welding and a vacuum is created by means of valves for a safe coupling to the hull. From the inside coded welders work in dry and same environmental conditions and weld the insert plate. The development of the whole welding process is monitored at all times by ultrasonic and/or MPI measurements carried out by certified technicians. The final result is similar to a dry-dock repair and approved by the different Class Societies.
• “Temporary” repairs by means of underwater welding to cracks, metal fissures, collision impact damages, plates corrosion, etc by means of welded double plates which are certified by Lloyd´s Register (AWS D3.6-93 Class “B” welding code).
• “Temporary” repairs by means of high resistance epoxy-cement to sealing cracks, collision impact damages, plates corrosion and defects, etc.
• The polishing is carried out with high revolution hydraulic engine brushes and using “3M” diamond discs of different densities. The final result is an “A” polishing grade in the Rubert scale.
CLEANING OF PROPELLERS, RUDDERS AND SUCTION GRIDS
• These underwater cleaning operations are carried out by hydraulic tools and using different type of brushes which exclusively eliminate the organic material adhered to the structure without damaging or removing the painting.